Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cutting a little grass!

On this hot summer morning, Thomas and I made it outside to get a little grass cutting on! Here lately he has wanted to ride, so I sit him right behind me, in the same seat mind you, and we cut the grass! He tells people, "help cut grass," proud as can be! We live on several acres of land, so grass cutting is a weekly chore for us! It's quite common for people to ride by and see us both riding the chopper. They usually smile and wave, but as The Robertson's of Duck Dynasty would say, "No yuppies here!" What is truly quite comical is during the process of cutting grass, Thomas will make small talk or play with my hair. Today though, I must of got a stick or something in my hair when cutting around a tree, and he made sure to fix it back the way it was and remove whatever was on top of my head...what a sweet boy :) 

When it comes to helping do just about anything, Thomas is the first to try and help or supervise, because that is always needed too :) He loves to help others, it never ceases to amaze me! Thomas has such a big heart, but what Down Syndrome child doesn't, I surely haven't met one that isn't loving and caring! I may be a little bias, being he is my little brother in all, but his love is never ending! It reminds me of how awesome God is, to create such a person like Thomas, to bless my family and the world with! As well as the way in which God has never ending love for each of us! 

Happy Tuesday Everyone :)



Riding with "Ral" on the dixie chopper! 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this blog. I find myself getting excited for your next post! I have a cousin who my uncle adopted that has autism, as well as a couple set backs. He is an amazing person and so sweet. I really enjoy reading about you and Thomas and the kind heart you both have! Enjoy the rest of y'alls summer!!
    XOXO.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amber!! :) Thank you for following us and reading our blog! We hope to connect with so many more people, by sharing Thomas's journey and stories! Have a great summer as well!!
    XOXO
    Thomas & Casie

    ReplyDelete