Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Down Syndrome Creed!


I found this on Pinterest, and decided to share it with our viewers! Such a sweet poem and truly remarkable in capturing the persona of a Down Syndrome child/adult! Since the fourth grade, when I did a presentation to three different grade levels, sharing my passion against discrimination, I have always vowed to share my story as well as Thomas's with everyone, in hopes that one day he will always be treated fairly and equally. To this day, when we go into public, Thomas is starred at, especially kids, looking at him as if he is an alien! My feelings are this: Shame on you parents, for not teaching and raising your child up with manners and knowledge, to know that everyone is the same, no matter what they look like on the outside! And in those moments, it takes everything in me not to say anything! Thankfully Thomas never notices, and keeps a cheerful attitude that keeps me grounded every time, allowing me to ignore and hold my tongue! 

I do not have children of my own yet, but my hope for them is this: to always view life like Thomas does, without any discrimination towards anyone, a never-ending BIG heart, and the eyes to see people for who they are inside at all times! But most of all, the same love and passion for God!  

No comments:

Post a Comment