Thursday, October 24, 2013

Watering Some Plants!







Simple things like watering plants, turn into helping Thomas learn basic skills and fine tuning his fine motor skills! So I first asked Thomas to turn on the water, from the knob attached to the side of the house (also another fine motor skill ) Then I handed him the water hose and instructed him to begin watering all the plants. He started out a little slow, but then got the hang of gripping the sprayer! By the time Thomas got to the fifth plant in the flower bed, he decided it would be funny to spray his sister! Now consider this, it's Fall, the water isn't warm, and I have a cast on that is NOT water proof! Needless to say, he thought it was the funniest thing in the world, as I am shouting "STOP!" So he begins to water another plant, slowly pretending to of listened to me. And yet again, he turns the water hose on me, laughing all the while! By this time, I'm already soaked from the knees down, and I cannot help but laugh along too! He tried three more times to soak me some more!

After watering the plants and his sister, his task was complete :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment